In order to upload and share your video via YouTube, a Google account is required. If you are uncomfortable using or creating a Google account, please contact your teaching team.
- While signed in to YouTube, choose the camera icon in the upper-right and select Upload video
- On the upload page, drag and drop the video you would like to upload. Choose Unlisted.
- Once the video has been uploaded, copy the URL listed below Video URL. This is the link that can be used for sharing
If your video was accidentally shared as private or public, this setting can always be changed by visiting your video URL, choosing Edit Video below the Share and Save buttons, and changing the visibility to Unlisted.
Technology is sometimes unpredictable. It is good practice to test your YouTube video link to ensure that it is working as expected. Invalid or non working video links could result in an impact on grades, so it's important that they be tested before they are submitted:
- Copy the URL of your YouTube video. This can be as simple as viewing your video and copying the link from the address bar.
- Open an Incognito or InPrivate window, paste the URL into the address bar and press the return key.
The above steps should allow you to view the video without being prompted to login. If you receive an error message or are prompted to login, please review the steps above and ensure your video is Unlisted.