Single Sign-On (SSO) is an access control mechanism which allows a user to log in once, and gain access to a number of systems without being prompted to log in again at each of them. Single Sign-On provides a solid barrier between your website and the Internet, protecting your website by requiring the user to authenticate with their NetID and password before accessing any restricted content on your site. This content can include your entire website or particular files and/or folders.
Shibboleth SSO is also a federated identity solution, allowing users from other institutions who are members of the Canadian Access Federation, to log in using the credentials from their institution.
- Implementing SSO With Your ASPX Application
- Implementing SSO With Your PHP Application
- Migrating from CAS to SSO
- Single Sign-On Application Promotion Model
- Single Sign-On Attributes
- SSO Architectures
- SSO - FAQ
Single Sign-On Diagram