This documentation describes how to independently produce a welcome message on you computer.
In order to properly record a welcome message the following is required:
- A laptop or desktop computer.
- A Webcam if you plan on creating a video of yourself. Most laptops will have an integrated webcam. An external webcam will be required for a desktop computer
- Camtasia Studio installed on your comptuer. It can be downloaded from the Software Centre
- A headset or external microphone is recommended for best results. This would be a requirement if a desktop computer is used.
- A Script is strongly recommended. This will speed up recording and dramatically reduce the amount of edits you need to make in your video. It can be written out word for word or be bulleted, depending on your preference.