Click on the applicable link below to be shown instructions on how to create a narrated PowerPoint.
childrenRecord a Slideshow in PowerPoint
When creating your narrated PowerPoint please keep the following best practices in mind:
- Use a transcript. This will help keep your talking points organized as you advance through each slide. You can place your script in the "notes" section of each slide in PowerPoint for easy viewing when recording your PowerPoint.
- Speak slowly and enunciate.
- When narrating, leave about 1-2 second of silence at the beginning and ending for each slide.
- Try to keep Slide segments under 10 minutes.
- Use a headset that has a microphone to record your narrations. This will help to minimize the amount of background noise that is normally picked up by your laptops internal microphone
- Record your presentations in a quiet room with minimal noise.
- When possible, the ratio aspect (size) of the slide(s) should be set to 16:9.
- Save Presentations in .PPTX format. This will embed narrations and allow them to be uploaded to CDS.