|title||Getting Started with Zoom|
Zoom is a conferencing tool adopted by ASO starting in the Summer 2018 semester. Zoom offers:
- An intuitive simple interface
- Platform and browser-independent; meetings can be joined via computers and mobile devices on wired and wireless connections
- Automatic cloud recording with transcript generation
- Features such as breakout rooms and polls
|title||Activating Your Zoom Account|
- To activate your Zoom account, begin by visiting: https://queensu.zoom.us.
- When you reach the webpage, log in using your NetID@queensu.ca and password (remember to use your Queen’s NetID and not a preferred email address if you have one).
- You should now be able to access your personal Zoom account.
ASO offers training on hosting and supporting your Zoom meetings. If you or your teaching team would like some help facilitating meetings with Zoom, please book a training session with our ASO Zoom Team and we'd be happy to answer any of your questions and walk you through using some of the more advanced features of Zoom.
- To further engage your students, you can include polls in your sessions. Including polls can increase student participation and allow for formative assessment of knowledge. See this How to Use Zoom Polling video for more info.
- You can create breakout rooms in your meeting. This can allow students to meet in smaller groups for more focused discussions. See this How to Use Breakout Rooms in Zoom video for a tutorial on breakout rooms.
- If you are interested in learning more about, or including these advanced features in your Zoom meetings, please book a training session with our ASO Zoom Team.
Advanced Zoom Features (Polls, Breakout Rooms, Polls, etc.)
|title||Frequently Asked Questions|
|title||Where do I find the link for my session?|
Your session links can be accessed from the Activities tab in onQ.
|title||Where does my Zoom recording go?|
ASO-booked Zoom session recordings are automatically backed up to our ASO streaming server.
|title||How do I set up a poll?|
The host can set up a poll by selecting the poll option on the bottom menu while in a meeting. Please see Using Polls in Zoom under the Advanced Zoom Features section above.
|title||How to log in to open a session?|
Please log into Zoom using your NetID associated email address and password at https://queensu.zoom.us or via your Zoom desktop/mobile app before clicking on the link to your Zoom session in your onQ course.
|title||When will my recording be posted to onQ?|
You recording will be posted to onQ usually within 24 hours. If your session takes place on a Friday or during the weekend, it will be posted the following work day.
|title||Will there be tech support in my sessions?|
ASO offers optional training to teaching teams so that support is usually not required. Please indicate if you'd like training on the meeting booking form.
|title||How do I request a meeting?|
To request your ASO Zoom session please use the meeting booking form.