The level of editing required will depend on if anything needs to be edited out in the middle of the recording:
If only the beginning and ending needs to be trimmed
- Mouse over the yellow highlighting of the beginning or ending of the video until the mouse turns into two arrows.
- Drag the box to the starting or ending of your video.
- Pull the entire video back to the beginning of the track (0:00:00;00)
If content in the middle of the video needs to be edited
- Drag the playhead of the clip that needs to be cut out.
- Pull the red marker (right of the playead) to the end of the clip that needs to be removed
- Pull the green marker (left of the playhead) to the beginning of the clip to remove
- Press backspace or delete on the keyboard to remove the clip
- Pull the video block to the right back to fill in the black space left by the deleted clip
- Repeat the above steps for any other clips that need to be removed from your video
To prevent any data loss it is recommended that the project be saved before any extensive edits are made. This can done from the File menu.