Using Polls in Zoom
The polling feature in Zoom allows you to create single choice or multiple-choice polling questions for your meetings. You will be able to launch the poll during your meeting and gather the responses from your attendees. You also can access a report of your polling results after the meeting. Polls can also be conducted anonymously.
If you have poll questions for you upcoming meeting you can include them on your meeting request form, or after the fact you can email your poll questions to email@example.com and the questions will be pre-loaded into your meeting and ready for you when you launch your meeting.
If you plan to schedule your own meeting using your personal zoom account, then To use Polls in your Zoom meetings, follow these steps to set-up your polls.
- Visit zoom.us and schedule a meeting, or select an upcoming meeting from your list.
- From your meeting page, scroll to the bottom to find the Poll option. Click
- Add to begin creating a poll.
- From the pop-up menu, enter the title and your first question. You have two additional options:
checking “Anonymous” box
- Enable anonymous responses:
- box to make the poll anonymous will keep the student’s polling responses anonymous in the meeting and the reports.
- Single or Multiple Choice: select whether you want the question to be single choice (students can only choose one answer) or multiple choice(students can choose multiple answers).
- Type in the answers to your question and click the Save button at the bottom of the poll creation pop-up menu.
- If you need to add another question, repeat
- steps 2-4 above.
NOTE: You can
maximum of 25 polls for a single meeting.
- Start the scheduled Zoom meeting.
- Select the
“Launch Poll” button
- Polling option from the menu bar.
- Select the poll that you would like to launch.
- Click the
- Launch Poll button.
- The participants in the meeting will now be prompted to answer the polling questions. You will be able to see the results live.
- Once you would like to stop the poll, click End Poll.
- If you would like to share the results to the participants in the meeting, click Share Results.
If ASO set up your Zoom booking, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to request polling results.
If the meeting was set-up using your personal Zoom account, please follow these steps:
- Sign in to your Zoom.us account.
- Select Reports. If you are an account owner, admin, or a role with the Usage Report permission, you will need to select Account Management, then Reports.
- In the Usage Reports tab, click Meeting. A list of upcoming and previous meetings will be generated. You can search by time range or by meeting ID.
- Next to Report Type, select Registration Report or Poll Report.
- In the drop-down menu below Report Type, select one of these options:
- Search by time range: Select a time range then click Search.
- OR Search by meeting ID: Enter the meeting ID and click Search.
- Click Generate in the last column. You can also use the check boxes to select multiple meeting then click Generate at the top.