Click on the applicable link below to be shown instructions on how to create a narrated PowerPoint.
When creating your narrated PowerPoint please keep the following best practices in mind:
Creating your PowerPoint
- Be consistent with the fonts used in the document Use a sans serif font – such as Arial, Helvetica or Verdana that are large enough for both projectors and online viewing
- Minimum sizing for fonts: 24pt for content and 40 pt for titles
- Avoid using text shadow or glow effects for any text as they may not be accessible by screen readers
- Evenly distribute content on slides.
- Use appropriate colour contrast (e.g. black and white)
- If you choose to use slide transitions be sure to use the same transition throughout your presentation for all slides.
- If you choose to use animations on your slide ensure they are brief and do not distraction from the content you are presenting
Recording your PowerPoint
- Use a transcript. This will help keep your talking points organized as you advance through each slide.
- Speak slowly and enunciate.
- When narrating, leave about 1-2 second of silence at the beginning and ending for each slide.
- Try to keep Slide segments under 10 minutes.
- If possible, use a room or an office with minimal background noise.
- When possible, the ratio aspect (size) of the slide(s) should be set to 16:9.
- Save Presentations in .PPTX format. This will embed narrations and allow them to be uploaded to CDS.
Click on the image below to be taken back to the Moodle dashboard.