- Login to Aropa. TAs and Instructor can access Aropa from the course, the same way students access it.
- In the Aropa activity, choose Impersonate other user from the menu on the left.
- On the Impersonate page, type in GPHY_marker and choose Impersonate.
- As a Marker, choose the assignment you have been instructed to grade (it might be your own group or another TA's)
- Under Your reviewing allocations, Reviews written by students in your TA group will be listed. They will be listed in the format reviewer NetID / Submitter NetID. When ready, choose View submission, to view the review. You can download the submission the review was written about at the bottom of the page. Once reviewed, choose Back.
Choose Write your review and to begin grading.
At the top of the page, choose the radio button that best describes the review. Select the radio button under the Applies column to quickly choose a sentence that describes the review. More feedback can be entered in the textbox if needed. Choose Save when finished.
If all of the radio buttons haven’t been selected Aropa might display a warning message about the review being incomplete. The message can be dismissed as the grades will still be saved and available to students. All of the radio buttons on the grading sheet do not need to be selected.
- Confirm your changes by clicking Finished
- Repeat steps 5-8 for the remaining reviews
If you are the instructor and several TAs will be grading specific students in the activity you can check in by doing the following:
- As an instructor, choose View review marking from the left-hand menu
- in the Reviewer marking activity, choose monitor marking from the left-hand menu
- On the Monitor Marking page, verify the students that have been graded by other TAs. Bolded NetIDs with a check mark indicates that marks/feedback has been assigned. Bolded NetIDs with a check mark and asterisk indicates that this feedback has been viewed by the student
Once grading is complete, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to have your grades exported to OnQ
When the Submission and Review phases are active, viewing the front page of the activity will display live statistics of submitted and reviewed work.
After the submission phase has started submissions can be viewed by choosing Monitor submissions on the left. This will display the NetIDs of the students who submitted as well as the work they submitted. Non submitters will be listed at the bottom of the page.
In some cases it might be necessary or recommended to send a reminder to the students who haven't submitted to the activity yet. Student email addresses can be generated from Aropa by doing the following:
- Copy the NetIDs to the right of Yet to submit:
- Open up Notepad (Windows) or TextEdit (MacOS) and paste the NetIDs into the empty document
- Find and replace , with @queensu.ca; . This extension might need to be manually added to the last NetID
- Paste the email addresses into the BCC field in Outlook. Using the BCC field will allow a generic message to be sent to each student without displaying all of the email addresses in the message
After the Review Phase has opened, TAs and the Instructor will have access to the Monitor Reviews button on the left of the Assignment Administration page. The leftmost column lists the NetID of the Reviewer while the two rightmost columns list the NetIDs of the authors whose work was allocated to the reviewer.
The order can be changed to view the Author and associated reviewers by clicking on the View by author button at the top of the page.
Aropa codes the status of the reviews in the rightmost columns as follows:
- Unbolded NetID (e.g. qu2202211) indicates that the review hasn't been started
- Bolded NetID (e.g. qu2202211) indicates that the allocated work has been viewed but a review has not been started
- Bolded NetID with a plus symbol (e.g. qu2202211+) indicates that the review has been saved but is incomplete.
- Bolded NetID with a check mark symbol (e.g. qu2202211✓) indicates that the review is complete
- Bolded NetID with a check mark symbol and an asterix (e.g. qu2202211✓*) indicates that the review is complete and the author being reviewed has viewed the feedback
- In the assignment, choose Manage Extensions from the left
On the Manage Extensions page, type in the NetID of the student you wish to grant the extension for.
If you don't know the Student's NetID, their name can be searched in the GPHY 101 Student Roster Spreadsheet.
- Select an alternate date for the submission, the review, or both and choose Save changes
Extensions can be granted for the submission phase or review phase or both. The date field can be left blank for the phase that does not require an extension. The Date granted field is automatically populated when the extension is granted.
Please note that the Arts and Science Online supports Aropa. If you would prefer that troubleshooting be done by ASO, please send or forward the message to email@example.com
If you are an instructor in Aropa, you have the ability to impersonate any of your students in the activity. This might allow you to see any issues the student is reporting.
- From the left menu, choose Impersonate other user
Type in the NetID of the student you want to impersonate and choose Impersonate other user
You can revert to your Instructor account by choosing REVERT at the top of the page
Please note that reviews and submissions should be exported after the activity has ended. Exporting before an activity closes will result in missing reviews or submissions.
- In the activity, choose Download all submissions from the left menu. This will download a Zip file.
- Extract the Zip file.
- Each folder represents a student. The Review document contains reviews that were written about the student's work. The other file will be the student's original submission.
- In the activity, select View all reviews from the menu on the left
- On the Reviews page, choose Download as Excel
- This will download all of the reviews in the activity to a spreadsheet. Reviews can be sorted in Microsoft Excel to facilitate grading
If you would prefer to simply have a back up or read printed versions of reviews, Download as MSWord can be selected