Scheduling a Zoom Meeting:
As of Winter 2022, instructors can either scheduled their own meetings from onQ or request that meetings be created by the ASO Zoom Team.
Please note that the ASO Zoom team will not have a record of any meetings created by an instructor in onQ. For meetings that might require the capturing of logs, regular posting of recordings, might require support or will be graded, it is recommended that the meetings still be created by the ASO Zoom Team.
If booking for the first time - one-time settings changes (highly recommended)
- Login to Zoom with your Queen's NetID and password.
- View Recording Settings .
- Check off Save closed caption as a VTT file and choose Save below.
- Enable Automatic Recording to the Cloud . Setting will be saved automatically.
- View Meeting Settings
- Navigate to you course's Zoom page and click on the Zoom Meetings link.
On the Zoom page, select Schedule a New Meeting in the upper-right of the screen.
When accessing the Zoom integration for the first time you will be asked to grant permission for your Zoom account to be integrated with onQ. Please grant the request to proceed.
- Fill out the meeting details and ensure the following are checked off:
- Mute Participants upon entry.
- Record the meeting automatically.
- Save the changes.
- Repeat steps 1-4 for any additional meetings.
If you are unsure if your meeting was scheduled correctly, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and request that the meetings be reviewed.
- To book your meeting, please visit our Zoom Meeting Request Form and fill out the information and submit it.
- Once your meetings have been created, you will receive a confirmation message from the ASO Zoom Team
- If you have any special requests, please add them in your Request Form or email the ASO Zoom Team at email@example.com.
Regardless of how the meeting has been created, it is important that it be tested to ensure the appropriate team member can access and host the meeting. If you are unable to access the meeting that was created, please email firstname.lastname@example.org